MyDocLab takes your personal information seriously and uses or keeps it confidential. In order to protect your private information, MyDocLab has established this Policy in accordance with best practices in the industry and applicable laws and regulations.
Personal Data Collection and Usage
1) You can browse our website without informing us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers. When you register with us on the App and/or the Site to create an account (“MyDocLab Account”) and become a registered user (“Member”), you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information that we may ask you to provide includes, for instance, your name, nickname, email address, biodata, credit card, or other billing information. We use this Personal Information mainly to provide the Services, administer your inquiries, and process payments.
2) In connection with your use of the Service, MyDocLab may also collect personal health information provided by you or generated through your use of the App. By using the Service, you explicitly authorize MyDocLab to collect personal health information, you represent that you are authorized to disclose any and all information you provide, and you acknowledge that Health information disclosed by you to MyDocLab is not considered Protected Health Information under and/or similarly protected under any state law relating to the privacy of medical or health information.
3) We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your user experience, including certain demographic information such as your gender, age, date of birth, and biodata. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we collect from you and use it to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We may also use this information to improve user experiences on our Site or App, improve the quality and value of the Services, and analyze and understand how our Service is used. In addition, we may use it to serve you specifically, for instance, to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
All information described herein, including information you provide through the Site or App about third persons, is hereafter referred to as “Your Information.”
4) Once you start this service for the first time, you may be prompted to allow the platform to access certain data which will be used to provide and improve the Service, and subsequently, you will be deemed to allow access for the same data whenever you use the service.
5) We collect personal and activity data solely to enhance your MyDocLab experience.
6) We may also gather additional personally identifiable information from you, such as your ID number, country of origin, current location, and preferred language. This data is used to improve and provide better services, allowing healthcare providers to better understand external and environmental factors relevant to your health-related information. This information will be accessible to doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals on MyDocLab. Additionally, we collect personalized bio-health data, including weight, height, blood group, blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and blood sugar, to further enhance your experience and allow physicians to better understand your health status. MyDocLab may also collect personal health information, authorized by you, to enable healthcare providers to assess and share health-related knowledge based on the provided personal health information.
7) To improve your experience with MyDocLab, you may be asked to grant access to your microphone for voice message services and camera/photo albums for picture message services when interacting with healthcare providers.
8) To access the app, you must provide accurate and up-to-date personal and health information during registration.
9) You are responsible for all activities conducted under your account, and should you notice any unauthorized usage, please notify MyDocLab immediately.
10) Healthcare providers may need to supply identifiable personal and professional information during registration to be verified and approved to offer their services. By signing up with MyDocLab, you authorize the collection of this professional information, representing your authority to disclose the information. This information is collected to identify and verify the credibility of healthcare providers. Personal information disclosed to MyDocLab is not considered protected under any state or country privacy laws.
11) Corporate users or patients who use the service may also provide personal health information, authorized by you, to MyDocLab. This information is not considered protected health information and may be shared with managed care organizations (MCO) for purposes such as medication dispensing and medical claims. You also allow partnered pharmacies to store and release information related to online consultations for the purpose of medical claims.
12) If you decide to cancel your subscription for any reason, you must notify MyDocLab in writing. The platform will subsequently deactivate and delete your account and its data from the server.
Third Party Services
Generally, your personal data with MyDocLab will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
- Our associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company.
- Our business partners, including online business affiliates, retailers.
- Our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers, or other professional bodies, including but not limited to Malaysian.
- Medical Council, Malaysian Medical Association, Ministry of Health, Malaysian Dental Council, and Malaysian Pharmacy Association, as MyDocLab may deem appropriate or necessary.
- Our sub-contractors or third-party service or product providers as we deem appropriate or necessary.
Cookies and similar technologies
Law and Harm
MyDocLab may preserve or disclose your personal information if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with local or international law, regulation, or legal requests, or to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical matters; or to protect MyDocLab’s rights or its property.
MyDocLab strictly does not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
The security of your personal information is important to us. However, we cannot ensure the absolute security of any information you transmit to MyDocLab or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is fully secured. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to provide sufficient guarantees to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
MyDocLab may gather location data, encompassing accurate real-time location details sourced from your device, as well as approximate location information derived from factors such as your IP address or postal code. MyDocLab applications will not retrieve precise real-time location information from your device unless explicit permission is granted.
Changes to this Policy